Saturday, January 10, 2009

Woahhh... the new tactic?

so the Spammers/Junkies r using a new tactic now??? Anyone faced similar situation?

I received an email from a friend, in my own address book... and the amazing part is... it written real name of my friend. See below...

PLEASE REPLY SOON‏

From: This person is offline Z.A.A@ L33Z (alice_3382@hotmail.com)
Sent: Wed 10/22/08 9:51 PM
To:

Hi,

How are you doing? I am so sorry I didn't inform you about my traveling to West Africa to visit my ill Aunt. I am presently in africa with my ill Aunt, whom is a Natural resources reservationist. she was diagnosed with a critical uterine fibroid. xray and scan states that her condition is deteriorating because the fibroid has done a lot of damages to her abdominal area, and an emergency hysterectomy surgery must be carried-out to save her life. I am deeply sorry for not writing or calling you before leaving, the news of her illness arrived to me as an emergency and that she needs family support to keep her going. I had little time to prepare or even to inform people about my trip, I hope you understand my plight and pardon me.

I will like you to plz assist me with a soft loan, with the sum of $1500 urgently to sort-out my Aunt's bills, the hospital manangement is demanding for a deposit of $1500 before they will implement the surgery, i am travelling with little money because I never expected things to be the way it is right now. I will appreciate whatever you can afford, because i don't even know your financial status before asking you for a loan of $1500.

I await your earliest response.

Best regards,
Liza

So how do I know its a hoax?
1. The missing Recepients.
2. She never emailed me before... and I am not that close.
3. and ASKING for MONEY?!!! via email???? I can't stand those kind of ppl. I have this principle, if you are sincere to borrow money (meaning you want to pay ofcourse), I would prefer face to face approach. Don't you?

So as usual, I run a google search... and I found this cool website with the URL "http://www.hoax-slayer.com". Very cool, Check it out. It list out all the hoax emails!

1 comment:

Pij said...

jem minta duit.
ku no pinjm. i want some.

ps: not spam ok. hehe