Sunday, October 5, 2008

Raya's unsung hero...

On the last day of Ramadhan, I went to fetch my baju kurung for raya. I have taken others, only the kedai jahit need to alter this last one, because it didn't meet my expectation... I paid kali ahh...

Anyway, a few days ago, I was pissed off with the kedai jahit la.. Cos they promised me to finish all those on 31st August.. but it kept on delaying... such a hassle. But after seeing my baju-Sss, those anger melted away. :D

Anyhoo... back to my recent last day of Ramadhan story.... I went there and met my fave seamstress.. cos she's so creative and funny and very very bubbly. She designed most of my baju, according to my kain, so she's very2 talented. She hurriedly said, "Ahhhh.. belum bikin mam. Sekejap ahh.. aku buat awal ini la..."

I would probably shout at her... but then I didn't and I didn't know why. So I just switched off the car and waited inside. Now the interesting bit.

While waiting, I listened to the chatters of the seamstresses in that shop.

The telephone was ringing off the hook.

Seamstress 1: Eh Jee, kamu tu d cari...
Seamstress 2: Ish.. mereka ini ngak ngerti aku ngak punya masa mau telpon. Nanti di jawab di tanya mengapa ngak siap baju mereka.. malah di telpon aja balik2.. gimana mau bikin baju...
(I nod in agreement....)
Seamstress 1: Ok la.. aku kasi tau mereka kamu tidur.... (she went off and answered the phone)

Seamstress 3 (apparently she was just their visiting friend) : Wah Jee aku respek sama kamu. Ngak tidurin, tapi masih mampu bikin baju. Pegi la tidur sekejap.
Seamstress 2: Aduh.. tidur sekejap pun ngak cukup. Mau nya tidur dua hari ni.. baru sedap rasa badan. Ni harus siapin segala nya.
Seamstress 3: Hahah pegi aja lah Jee.. Tidur untuk 2 jam. Cukup.
Seamstress 2: Ya kalo ada aja 2 jam.. emang cukup.. aku punnn sudah bersyukur punya 2 jam untuk tidur.

Then there was a client entered the shop. Seamstress 2 hurriedly took the client's finished product.

Client: Eh Jee.. baju ku mana? Alum lagi siap?
Seamstress 2: Ya bu.. kan sudah di kasi tau... malam nanti baru boleh siap. Ni tukang manik nya sorang aja bu...
Client: Kamu ni jee... dari hari itu kamu bilang besok besok besok... belum jua siapnya. Aku nda suka macam ani jee.. kalau ko nda sanggup bagi tau saja.. jangan macam ini bah. Ini suami ku marah sudah.. aku balik2 datang ke mari ... bla bla bla.. the rantings continued.

The seamstress remained calm and answered to the client.
At that point I was impressed..

The client went off and seamstress 2 continued with my baju. "Tunggu mam... mau d manik lagi.."

"Ok tu jee... Take your time." I replied and smile.

Seamstress 3 : wah Jee.. sudah tebal telinga kamu dgr kemarahan org.
Seamstress 2: Dgr aja... mereka ngak mau dgr yg mereka salah. Customer tadi tu lewat menghantar baju. Tapi kerna teman nya bos aku.. aku terpaksa terima.

My baju finished so I said thanks to her and wished her Selamat Hari Raya. On the way home, I was regretting my action of saying bad stuff about them in the past. Saying they can't deliver their promises and such... and I am kinda thankful to them, all of them infact... for staying up till dawn. and only resting for just a short wink and such. Why? Because they want to make sure that the baju raya is finished on time.

What is Hari Raya esp on the first day without the new Baju Raya? For me, its kinda 'incomplete'. On Hari Raya it self receiving the compliments on my 'grand' baju raya make me satisfied. It cost me quite a bit.. I don't mind spending with good quality as such... but I think they, the seamstresess deserves them better.

Thanks Wijee... You make my first day hari raya, complete. Hope you'll have better rest, and better $$ in the future.

No comments: