Thursday, October 16, 2008

The News

Here what I retrieved from www.CNN.com...

Latest News
This post has nothing to do with the news above.. its more about the news I received after lunch just now... A good friend of mine send me an SMS, "My Dad Meninggal Dunia..."

Short yet, it rippled through my head... another friend received similar sms... Is this for real... we asked ourselves.

A bit shocking, then another friend called me up... asking about the same news. I silently prayed it wasn't real.. as much as I can do that... nothing can change the fact, how truthful that piece of info is.

She was asking whether I am going straight to Nana's house. I can't.... Call Duty.. I had a meeting arranged, by myself, in that afternoon. I told her I will go after work.

Meeting went on till 5.30 PM. I was very greatful the meeting ended. I wasn't paying much attention... The mentioned of my name during that meeting just sent me back to reality, and wrote down the task... my mind was elsewhere...

I went back to my desk hurriedly. My phone was dead... so much of technology. I went back home to change my clothes and performed Asar Prayer... While charging my phone, Cbah called and told me that Nana's father had been buried safely. A sigh of relief.

I tried to call her.. but there was no answer.

Minutes later she called me back... I didn't know what to say... I managed to say hi and asked how she was. She must be holding back tears.. I couldnt really listen to what she said. I told her I'll be coming for tahlil.

As much as it really pains us, especially on the demise of someone we loved... we've to accept the fact that... it's a cycle of life...

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un
"We belong to Allah and to Him we return."

al-fatihah

No comments: